Traveling with kids would need extra preparation to adjust to their needs along the way. The good news is that if you plan to go to Bali with kids for your next vacation, this kid-friendly destination can have many things to do for a family with kids. Either you want to explore nature or learn about a new culture, this island of paradise has it all.
What to do in Bali with Kids
Planning about what to do in Bali with kids could be a wise thing to do. When everyone knows what to expect, more preparation can be done to make the trip enjoyable. Here are some things to do in Bali with kids:
- Going to the beaches in Bali, including some best beaches in Nusa Dua, a nice area to explore and stay with kids
- Swimming in the private pool in the villa, including in Seminyak
- Going for easy trekking or hiking to some best waterfalls in Bali
- Soaking in the natural hot spring in Kintamani
- Visiting a natural lake in Bedugul
- Getting into some water plays in Bali
- Learning some new skills, such as cooking, diving, surfing, yoga, etc.
- Visiting some top temples in Bali
- Getting to see some unique Bali cultural experiences
- Visiting Lovina to see dolphins in their natural habitat, and do some outdoor activities around Lovina.
- Playing in some fun playgrounds in Bali
- Visiting the Kedonganan fish market in Jimbaran and some best night markets in Bali
- Pampering yourself and your little ones in best spas in Bali
- Go shopping in Bali
- Try some of the best authentic Balinese food and cuisine
- Read more on top 9 things to do with kids in Bali
Which part of Bali is best for family
If you are planning the itinerary for your holiday in Bali with kids, you might want to consider some kids-friendly regions in Bali:
- Nusa Dua is known for its white-sand beaches with gentle waves, along with luxury accommodations by the beach. You can also do water sports in Tanjung Benoa. Read more about amazing things to do in Nusa Dua with kids.
- If you are into surfing, Canggu might suit you with its popular Canggu markets and bazaar, or Seminyak with its luxury villas.
- The nearby islands of Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan are not only packed with adventure and island life but also some kid-friendly activities to do in Nusa Lembongan Bali.
- If you want to go to central Bali, the highland of Bedugul has many things to do with kids, including to visit its beautiful water temple of Ulun Danu Beratan.
- Ubud can be very relaxing if you want to slow down.
- Going up to the north, Lovina, and Menjangan are worth visiting. Find the top reasons why you should visit Lovina Bali with kids.
Tips to have fun with kids in Bali
With the right preparation, traveling to Bali with kids certainly would be fun. Here are some tips to have fun with kids in Bali:
- Read some helpful hints for Bali first timer if you have not been to Bali before.
- Plan the trip in advance and read some ultimate Bali guide to plan your trip, what you should prepare for a trip to Bali, and the airport guide of Ngurah Rai International Bali.
- You might need to change some currencies in Bali. Knowing some money changers in Bali might be helpful.
- The options for public transportation in Bali is very limited, so make sure to arrange the best transportation to get around Bali.
- Safety always comes first. Do some research on tips you should know about how to stay safe in Bali.
- Try to get aware of the annoying scams in Bali that tourists should know.
- You might need some wi-fi and phone during your trip to get in touch.
- Knowing some local customs will always be helpful, such as the Indonesian etiquette in Bali, tipping in Indonesia, and tips on eating in Indonesia.