Nusa Lembongan is an island on the southeast of Bali, just right beside Nusa Penida Bali. In terms of size, Nusa Lembongan is smaller than Nusa Penida, with only 8 km² (3 sq. miles) in size. To reach the island, many boats depart from Sanur beach, just at the end of the Hang Tuah street – though you can also get boats from Benoa Harbour, Serangan Harbour, or even from Gili Islands in Lombok. Taking around 30 minutes from Sanur Beach, most speedboats would usually land on Mushroom Bay or Jungut Batu in Nusa Lembongan Bali, and run twice a day go back and forth, unless during the months of December-January when the heavy rain and strong waves could occur. Renting a motorbike is the best option to explore this relaxing small island; otherwise, you can pay a small fee to ride the "taxi truck". Since there is only one ATM on the entire island, make sure you bring enough cash, though most hotels and restaurants accept cards.
Nusa Ceningan Island
Nusa Ceningan Bali is the smaller sister island of Nusa Lembongan Bali, which is connected just by the suspension bridge called "Yellow Bridge", with a length of 140 meters (153 yards) and a width of 1.8 meters (2 yards). Besides, Nusa Ceningan Bali also has some notable destinations, including Blue Lagoon, Secret Beach, Mahana Point, Ceningan Cliff, the seaside swing in Song Tepo Beach, Secret Point Beach, Abyss Zipline in Ceningan Island Resort.
Nusa Lembongan Bali Point of Interest
This small island pretty much has everything you need to unwind from the crowded south of Bali. Nusa Lembongan Bali has:
- White sandy beaches to chill on with all the restaurants and cafés serving international and local foods. Some other beaches worth exploring include Mushroom Beach, Jungutbatu Beach, Mahagiri Beach, Paradise Beach, Dream Beach, Sandy Bay or Sunset Beach, Tamarind Beach.
- Crystal clear water is certainly inviting to do some water sports, ranging from banana boats, wake-boarding, snorkeling, scuba diving, or even surfing.
- The mangrove forest is waiting to be explored by the kayak, local boat, paddle boat, gondola, or stand up paddleboard.
- Seaweed farms where local farmers work is worth visiting as well.
- Panorama Point to view around the island.
Scuba Diving in Nusa Lembongan Bali
Nusa Lembongan has the same characteristic as its sister island, Nusa Penida. Due to its underwater beauty, Nusa Lembongan open water is worth exploring, whose dive sites include the famous Blue Corner, Lembongan Bay, and Mangrove Point. However, due to its strong current, it is best to always follow the recommendations from a local dive center about the suitable dive sites according to diver's experience.
Accommodations in Nusa Lembongan Bali
Some accommodations are widely spread around the islands, ranging from budget hotels to private villas, such as, Ceningan Resort, Lembongan Made Inn, Bunda 7 Bungalow, Coconuts Beach Resort, Villa Mimpi Manis, Mahagiri Resort, Waka Nusa Resort, Villa Atas, Villa Shambala. In Ceningan, some accommodations include Driftwood Bar, Secret Point Huts, Twilight Lembongan, The Bridge Huts, Yellow Bridge Homestay.