You might have heard about the Gili Islands in Indonesia, where is it exactly and what can you do there? If you are thinking of going to Gili Islands, this ultimate Gili Islands travel guide will help you plan for a trip.
The three Gili Islands
Gili Islands consist of three small islands located in Lombok, next to Bali, and can be reached by boat either from Bali or Lombok Island. Offering a perfect island life with only ocean, beach, coconut trees, these islands have become popular destinations for tourists.
Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air have different sizes and characteristics. Some say, Gili Trawangan is generally suitable for youngsters, Gili Air is for family, and Gili Meno is for the couple. If wonder among three, which Gili Island is best for you, you might want to consider the activities you might do on the islands.
Things to do in Gili Islands
There are many things to do in Gili Islands, but this Gili Islands travel guide will reveal some best and popular ones, including:
- Snorkeling and scuba diving
Surrounded by the sea, snorkeling and scuba diving might be on top of your list for things to do in Gili Islands. Learn more about the top Gili Island dive sites before jumping out to the blue sea.
- Enjoy the beach and sunset
Either you plan to do nothing, enjoy the splash in the private pool in the villa, or just sip the fresh coconut by the beach, beaches in Gili Islands are just too beautiful to ignore. It also has tons of things to do while you enjoy the most of Gili Islands with kids.
- Get to party
After the sun setting down, some parts of Gili Trawangan become livelier and might call you to join in. Enjoy some best nightlife and party places in Gili Trawangan.
- Enjoy the seafood
Gili islands are surrounded by good restaurants and cafés where you can enjoy the fresh and best seafood. Just make sure to spare some time to order in advance, as the waiting time can be quite long up to 30-45 minutes. Read some tips on eating in Indonesia might be helpful as well.
- Relaxing and pampering yourself
Gili islands are not only about the beach and seafood, but they also have the best spa in Gili Islands to get you relaxed while enjoying your vacation.
Tips to enjoy the most of Gili Islands
Here are some tips of our Gili Islands travel guide to enjoy the most of your time in Gili Islands:
- No matter where you are traveling, either in Bali or Gili Islands, be alert to keep yourself safe. Read these tips you should know about how to stay safe.
- If you are traveling during Ramadan in Indonesia, expect some changes in operational hours and etiquette to watch for, mainly because most of the local people in Gili Islands are Moslems.
- To stay in touch with your loved ones, you can read these tips on wi-fi & phone in Indonesia.
- If you wonder how much to tip, here’s the guide on tipping in Indonesia.
- Bring some pieces of stuff back home is always a lovely thing to do for your loved ones. Consider these Lombok souvenirs you cannot miss to bring back home.