Located on the north coast of Bali, Lovina is mainly well-known for its dolphin watching, snorkeling, and scuba diving. This area is situated close to Singaraja, a port town which is famous for its local culinary, also surrounded by the beautiful nature of West Bali National Park, and many waterfalls. Regarding the weather, Lovina Bali can be hot and humid with temperatures around 30° Celcius (86° Fahrenheit) during the day and drop down above 20° Celcius (68° Fahrenheit) during the night.
Located within 3.5 hours from Ngurah Rai International Airport, Lovina Bali can be reached by bus, motorbike rental, or car rental with driver. Perama shuttle bus also provides service from and to many other areas around Bali, such as Bedugul, Candidasa, Kuta, Sanur, Ubud, Padang Bai. To get around Lovina Bali, you can rent a motorbike or car, or hire a local driver for the day.
Best Things to Do in Lovina Bali
Besides Lovina Beach, Lovina Bali still has many attractions and things to do nearby, including for small kids or family, such as:
- Departing early morning before sunrise by small local boat for dolphin watching.
- Enjoying Lovina’s underwater beauty with snorkeling and scuba diving, or having fun with watersports.
- Swimming and sunbathing while watching the sunset in Banyualit Beach, a more quiet area than Lovina Beach.
- Looking over the cost from Lovina Hills.
- Exploring some nearby waterfalls surrounding the region.
- Visiting the peaceful Brahmavihara Arama Buddhist monastery.
- Enjoying Banjar Hot Spring, a warm water complex surrounded by tropical gardens.
- Enjoying Yeh Sanih, a cold-water natural swimming pool by the sea.
- Visiting Bali temples, such as Pura Ponjok Batu, Beji Temple, Kerta Kawat Temple, Pura Meduwe Karang, etc.
- Heading West to explore West Bali National park and Menjangan Island.
- Buying fresh fruits in Lovina local market.
- Experiencing local life and local delicacies in Singaraja town, including to visit Ling Gwan Kiong Chinese Temple, Yudha Mandalatama Independence Monument, and some other colonial buildings.
Lovina Bali Waterfalls
Lovina area has tons of beautiful waterfall to explore, such as Gitgit Waterfall, Singsing Waterfall, Tembok Barak Waterfall, Desa Musi Waterfall, Aling-Aling Waterfall, Sambangan Secret Garden or Kroya Waterfall, and Les Waterfall or so-called Yeh Mampeh.
Accommodations in Lovina Bali
Lovina Bali has wide ranges of accommodation to choose from, such as, more premium options including Beachouse Lovina, Puri Bagus Lovina, Ganesh Coral Reef Villas, Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel, The Damai Bali, The Lovina; and some budget alternatives including Harris Homestay, Hotel Rattan Resto, Janur Guesthouse, Studio Lumbung, Gede Homestay, etc.